Editor’s Note: Our Sexual Chocolate release party takes place Saturday January 30 at our pub on West 4th Street in Winston-Salem.
Hey remember that epic Sexual Chocolate party we threw last year?
We’re gonna do it again.
While those of you who know what I’m talking about finish hyperventilating, a little history for those who don’t: last year was the tenth anniversary of our brewery opening, and we’ve been making Sexual Chocolate almost that long. So to celebrate our decade in business, last summer we threw a party at our tasting room featuring a nine-year vertical, with every vintage of Sexual Chocolate ever made. We think it was the largest draft vertical ever offered on the planet (we invited a Guinness World Record guy to come but he didn’t show, the bugger).
So while 2015 was the tenth anniversary of Foothills, 2016 is the tenth anniversary of Sexual Chocolate. We thought hey, why not throw a birthday party for our most iconic beer? She’s certainly held up well.
So here’s the deal: on Friday January 22, at 7pm in our tasting room, we’re throwing Sexual Chocolate’s Tenth Anniversary Gala. Like last year, there will only be 100 tickets sold. Here’s some of the stuff happening exclusively at this party:
- We’re putting the 2016 vintage of Sexual Chocolate on tap for the first time, so attendees will be the first to try it (NOTE: no 2016 bottles will be for sale, those will only be available at release January 30)
- Brewmaster Jamie and Head Brewer T.L. will be on hand to give you the particulars on this year’s vintage
- We’ll break out vintage Sexual Chocolate from the last four years for a 5-year vertical tasting
- Brewer Matt has made two casks of Sexual Chocolate – one flavored with raspberry and white chocolate, one with habanero peppers (‘hot chocolate’?)
- Matt’s new Foot Men Series beer, a hefty and complex barleywine, will also get its debut at the party
- Bar Manager Caleb will have a house-roasted Coffee Sexual Chocolate randall
- This, to us, is the coolest part: our head brewer has agreed to let partygoers have a sneak preview of this year’s Barrel Aged Sexual Chocolate – normally we release it in August or September, but it’s been aging a few months now, so we’re emptying a barrel just for you. This will be the only chance to try this beer until it’s released later this year.
- We will once again crack open our beer vault and have a limited number (2 per person) of vintage Sexual Chocolate bottles for sale
- We’ve designed a special 10th Anniversary Sexual Chocolate label, which will be unveiled at the party (and which you will get a commemorative label sticker of)
Sound like fun? It will be. Ticket price includes:
- five 4-oz. pours of any Sexual Chocolate beer, and two 16-oz. pours of any other beer.
- An absurdly large and sumptuous buffet cooked exclusively by Chef Shane
- A gift bag that includes a Rastal Teku Sexual Chocolate stemware glass
But wait there’s more! Every year we try and use part of the proceeds from our Sexual Chocolate events to help our local community, and this year’s no different. We’ll have a big silent auction at the party, with proceeds benefitting Habitat For Humanity, Forsyth Humane Society, Yadkin Riverkeeper, and Piedmont Environmental Alliance. Items up for auction include:
- Brewer for a day – spend the day with our pub brewer making a batch of Foothills beer
- Beer dinner for 6 people in our pub’s private dining room, with certified cicerone beer pairing
- Beer For A Year (growler, growler koozie and gift card equal to 12 growler fills)
- Private brewery tour/tasting room flight sampling/choice of t-shirts for 4 people
- 2016 Sexual Chocolate Bottle #1 – signed by TL and Jamie
- First 2 places in line for Sexual Chocolate Release (includes prize pack and $50 gift card)
- 5 pounds of coffee hand-roasted by our owners Jamie and Sarah Bartholomaus
Our local business community is chipping in as well, including:
- Winston-Salem Dash
- Spring House restaurant
- Quanto Basta restaurant
- Fleet Feet
- Raylen Vineyards
- Southern Home & Kitchen
- Salem Baking
Ticket price is $120, and tax and gratuity is included. Limit of 4 per person. Tickets will go on sale Friday January 15 at noon on EventBrite, stay tuned here and to our social media channels for the link.
She’ll only turn ten once. Join us for the party.
UPDATE: Marriott is offering a special $95 rate for the evening