Bourbon Barrel Sexual Chocolate, that boozy, heady elixir you all know and love, is back.
This year, for various reasons, we’ve had to move the release date up from its traditional date during the first weekend of September. This year’s release will take place Saturday August 8th.
For the unintiated, this is one of the biggest parties on the NC craft beer scene. It’s a ton of fun and an experience you’ll not soon forget. For those who’ve never come, and as a refresher for you veterans, here’s a few guidelines to get the most out of your, ahem, Sexual experience:
– We always throw a Bottle Share Pre-Release Party on the Friday night before the Saturday event. On August 7th beginning at 7:00 pm, we’ll open up the brewery portion in back of our brewpub at 638 West 4th Street in Winston-Salem for anyone who wants to come and hang out. Chef Shane puts out a terrific (complimentary) spread of appetizers. Price of admission is a bottle or two (or three or four) of something rare, unique or coveted in the craft beer world. Interpretation of that description is up to you; however if you show up with a 6-pack of Shock Top mocking is sure to commence.
– The line to buy bombers (22-oz. bottles) starts on the sidewalk outside the front door of the pub. You’re welcome to queue up any time after we close at 2:00 am the previous evening. Hey, for once you don’t have to actually go home at closing time.
– City police officers will be on hand overnight—this will no doubt prove completely unnecessary, since we all know what a well-behaved lot y’all are.
– There’s a rumor that those nice officers will let you enjoy your own, um, refreshments until daylight. We can neither confirm nor deny . . . we will, however, refer you to the aforementioned good behavior.
– There will be portable restroom facilities in the back parking lot. Insert sigh of relief.
– The pub opens at 8:00 am. BBA Sexual Chocolate will be tapped and waiting. We’ll also have breakfast available for purchase. Actual food, not beer. Not judging, just saying.
– Bottle sales commence at 9:00 am. You’ll be summoned by your wristband number in groups of 50. Bottles are $20 each, limit 8 per person. Any questions about that? Then the answer is 20 and 8. And yes, that is another increase on the bottle limit. We take all forms of payment — cash, credit cards, first born . . .
– IMPORTANT: Bottles and draft both tend to move quickly. Please plan accordingly. If you show up late in the afternoon and complain bitterly that there’s none left, you will only create bad karma for yourself. That and the staff will be doing impressions of you until next year’s release. Also, please do not ask us on Facebook or Twitter what time you should get there to get bottles. WE DON’T KNOW. Every year is different.
– ALSO IMPORTANT: we will not have a lot of extra boxes or bags – that would uncomfortably expand our carbon footprint. Please bring something to safely cart away your newly purchased liquid treasures. How big? About 8 bottles big.
– In the history of mankind, there have never been growler fills of BBA Sexual Chocolate. That trend will continue.
– We’ll have some nifty Sexual Chocolate Teku glasses for sale, $15 each. No limit. Buy a case if you want.
Stay up to date on all the latest leading up to the event by following us on Twitter and Facebook. Also check back to this blog, we’ll update it frequently with new info. In fact I just added this sentence.
Hope to see you there!